WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The creative and well-organized Marketing Intern (you!) will assist in all things social media, marketing and community management for Two Bright Lights and How They Asked. You will bring a passion for the wedding industry and curate beautiful photography from our database of photographers & vendors to share through Two Bright Lights social media, marketing materials, and more. This entry-level position is a full-time role based out of our New York City office (no remote).
- Identify social-worthy proposals & pull images for social media for How They Asked
- Assist with Two Bright Lights & How They Asked’s various social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube etc.) as needed
- Research social media trends to implement across both brands to drive traffic & engagement
- Help in editor mailers and/or email marketing materials, when necessary
- Assist with planning and production of Two Bright Lights events & webinars
- Assist in creation and execution of email marketing materials such as pinterest templates, branded graphics and more
SUCCESSFUL COMMUNITY COORDINATOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and eagerness to learn anything and everything, and then some
- A great visual eye for photos and graphic design
- A sense of humor & wit
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for all things social media and digital marketing
- Proficiency in Google Apps, MS Word, and Excel, Canva
- Nice to have: experience in Adobe Creative Suite and social media scheduling tools (Later, Planoly)
- Working toward or completed Bachelor's degree or higher
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.