WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and eager Commercial Contracts Attorney to join the Company’s legal team and provide support to a fast-paced company on a wide range of commercial contract transactions for our global company The Commercial Contracts Attorney (you!) will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a variety of commercial agreements and relationships, including our customer and third party service provider contracts. You also will provide commercial legal support to our marketing team for both B2B and B2C initiatives. This is a growing and dynamic team and we are eager to have you join our journey!
You will work closely with all members of the US legal team alongside our Sales and Marketing teams, the international legal team, and other key business partners. You will report to the Senior Director, Assistant General Counsel.
- Act as lead commercial contracts attorney for designated specialties
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise on:
- Advertising agreements with agencies and advertisers, including standard and non-standard insertion orders, adtech services agreements for programmatic exchanges, and related confidentiality agreements
- Technology, IT, and other third party service provider and consultant agreements
- Customer sales matters, including routine customer contract requests and changes, customer contract exceptions, and any disputes related to local customer relationships
- Standard and non-standard recruiting and staffing agreements and consulting agreements and statements of work
- Support and provide legal advice on marketing initiatives and partnerships, review of marketing materials, and establish and maintain brand and style guidelines
- Manage and coordinate internal contract approvals process
SUCCESSFUL COMMERCIAL CONTRACT ATTORNEY CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 2-5 years of relevant commercial contract legal experience working in a law firm and/or corporate legal department; in-house corporate legal department experience preferred
- Extensive experience negotiating a wide range of advertising agreements and other commercial contracts including familiarity with the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Standard Terms and Conditions and knowledge of related advertising laws
- Experience negotiating and drafting routine and specialized contracts with third party technology and IT service providers and consultants, including identifying and addressing data security, privacy and intellectual property issues in a commercial context
- Experience with preparation and review of marketing-related documents, such as talent services agreements (including releases and waivers), co-marketing relationships, promotions (including sweepstakes and contesting), and event contracts, and with providing marketing-related legal advice, such as truth-in-advertising review, FTC ad disclosure requirements, CAN-SPAM requirements, and company brand/style compliance
- Strong and effective document drafting and negotiating skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment; similarly, be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and be detailed-oriented.
- Experience with CCPA, GDPR and other privacy matters is a plus.
- JD from an accredited US law school and member of the bar in any US jurisdiction with ability to practice in-house in Maryland
- Fluency in a foreign language, particularly Spanish, a plus!
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.