WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for an experienced and eager Privacy Counsel to join the Company’s legal team and provide support to a fast-paced company on a wide range of matters. The Privacy Counsel will be responsible for leading our global Legal privacy strategy and assisting cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing and keeping current on relevant industry standards, laws and regulations. You will help to build our company-wide privacy compliance program. You also will collaborate with other legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied. This is a growing and dynamic team and we are eager to have you join our journey!
Your main field of action will cover jurisdictions across the company’s different operating regions, including, Europe, Latin America, North America (with assistance from our US team), and India. Your position will be based in our office in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona) and you will work closely with all members of the international legal team based both in Spain and the US, alongside our Product and Tech teams and other key business partners. You will report to our Head of Legal, who is based in Spain.
- Provide privacy and data risk management support and assist in the creation and review of privacy program governance and operational documentation (e.g. policies, guidelines, templates, and FAQs), including, among others, Schrems II-related materials. You will also participate in cross-functional privacy projects, developing privacy risk management resources. Familiarity with the privacy regimes in the US, LATAM, India and other jurisdictions is helpful for this role.
- Provide legal advice with regard to data security prevention and response efforts.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise on:
- Advertising agreements with agencies and advertisers, including standard and non-standard insertion orders, adtech services agreements for programmatic exchanges, and related confidentiality agreements
- Technology, IT, and other third party service provider and consultant agreements
- Customer sales matters, including routine customer contract requests and changes, customer contract exceptions, and any disputes related to local customer relationships
- Marketing initiatives and partnerships.
SUCCESSFUL TECH & PRODUCT COUNSEL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Qualification as Spanish lawyer.
- 5+ years of combined relevant legal experience in Privacy matters in a law firm and an in-house legal department with a technology company.
- Experience in analyzing privacy requirements and implementing privacy policies according to business needs, including familiarity with the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Standard Terms and Conditions and knowledge of related advertising regulations and requirements.
- Experience negotiating and drafting routine and specialized contracts with third party technology and IT service providers and consultants, including identifying and addressing data security, privacy and intellectual property issues in a commercial context
- Broad legal knowledge that enables you to spot and resolve a variety of legal issues across multiple jurisdictions and experience creatively solving problems, taking into account legal risk and business needs.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment; similarly, be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and be detailed-oriented.
- Strong and effective document drafting and negotiating skills with excellent oral and written communication skills both in Spanish and English.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus!
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide’ offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.