WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Magazine seeks a talented, creative and enthusiastic Senior Designer to join our team. You're a match if you are resourceful, have a strong work ethic, are able to juggle many projects at once in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be comfortable working both independently and within a team identifying what works visually in the print and wedding industry. You will report directly to the Art Director and work closely with the art and editorial teams.
- Design high-impact editorial pages, graphics, and typography
- Conceptualize innovative visual storytelling ideas
- Elevate The Knot brand through use of modern editorial design trends
- Partner with Art Director, Photo and Edit teams on story development and visual concepts
- Direct still-life photography shoots
- Manage individual page production
- Oversee and approve color correction and retouching
- Help manage daily workflow of the Art Department
- Research and commission illustrations as needed
- Maintain positive work environment with high creative standards
- Manage and direct interns and freelance staff
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum of 4 years editorial experience
- Strong understanding of editorial print design, visual hierarchy, the creative process and editorial problem solving
- Exceptional design and typography skills
- Advanced production skills with attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of print production best practices
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Mac-based K4 system and workflow experience
- Ability to multitask numerous layouts and responsibilities under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Leadership—confident in design abilities and able to articulate ideas and opinions
- Experience in collaborating with photographers, stylists, and illustrators
- A flexible personality, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.