WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Magazine seeks a talented, creative and enthusiastic Photo Editor to join our team. You're a match if you are resourceful, have a strong work ethic, are able to juggle a large volume of projects in a fast-paced environment & work within tight deadlines. This individual should be comfortable working independently and in a team identifying what works visually in the print and wedding industry. You will report directly to the Art Director and work closely with the art and editorial teams. This position is an in-office role based our of our NYC office; no remote.
- Independently photo edit and research images for magazine production (original content articles and Real Weddings articles)
- Work closely with the Real Weddings team to understand trends in wedding photography, style, and brand identity
- Assist with fashion photo shoot production, model casting and administrative tasks
- Produce and pick up styled shoots within quarterly magazine deadlines
- Manage daily workflow of magazine files including tracking and releasing of hi-res images to production, as well as archival of final art
- Contributes to other editorial department creative needs or projects, as needed
- Collaborate with editorial team on story development and visual concepts
- Responsible for caption and credit information in layouts
- Manage stock photography accounts and ensure proper usage of images
- Knowledgeable of contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright laws
- Assist with maintaining budget for photos and shoots
SUCCESSFUL PHOTO EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 years editorial or photo experience. Experience and contacts in the wedding industry a plus
- Passionate about photography, fashion, style and all things weddings
- Savvy to source images from stock, PR contacts, wedding photographers, and other user-generated sources
- Well-versed in social media platforms and tools
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, K4, and Google Docs; willingness to adapt to evolving applications (such as Slack and other social hosting services)
- Understanding of metadata strategy with archival best practices
- Highly organized, driven and assertive with an engaging and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.