WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Financial Planning and Analysis team provides comprehensive financial insight into our business, forecasting and driving efficient growth. We partner with business leaders across The Knot Worldwide to forecast TKWW’s continued growth and provide timely insights, reporting, and analysis on high-impact business decisions. Our team is passionate about using data, analytics, and strong business judgement to drive optimal decision making across the organization.
TKWW is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, and self-starting Director to join our team in the DC metro area. The Director's primary function is to coordinate and analyze financial information in order to forecast TKWW’s performance, provide actionable reporting and recommendations, and inform strategic planning across the Company. As a leader on TKWW’s FP&A team you will work with an FP&A team across DC, NYC, and Barcelona to help scale our planning and analysis capabilities, globally, across the organization.
- Modeling: Understand KPIs and business drivers to create financial models and evaluate strategic alternatives.
- Analysis: Design and execute regular financial analysis to identify critical areas for attention and the evaluation of strategic options.
- Reporting: Build repeatable processes to prepare reports and presentations for management, the Board, and other key stakeholders. Provide meaningful and informative analysis to explain any variations in the business results from the financial plan. Focus on automation and system driven solutions.
- Planning: Develop department-level financial budgets and forecasts (across a diverse set of business types) utilizing inputs from department managers and project-focused spending plans. Establish a deep understanding of key drivers of each supported function and leverage data to build insights about our products and competitors.
- Collaboration: Effectively collaborate with the Accounting team on completion of monthly and quarterly financial closes and incorporation of actual results into the rolling forecast.
- Partner with department managers outside of the Finance and Accounting teams for forecast inputs, ad hoc analysis and process improvements. Serve as the financial thought-partner to cross-functional teams.
- Take initiative to automate management reporting and document business processes.
- Help develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, FP&A CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university in business administration, finance, accounting or statistics or a related field. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong quantitative analysis skills.
- 7+ years experience in a financial/analytical role with a record of increasing responsibility.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively and convincingly communicate in meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of Google Sheets and Slides.
- Ability to build models from scratch as well as improve existing models, ensuring their quality, timeliness and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently. Detail-oriented, and execution focused.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.