WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Our FP&A team is the critical eyes and ears to the financial progress of our company. This is the team that pulls together our numbers and analyzes our business in partnership with our executive teams. We are seeking a new FP&A Analyst to join our effort adding another set of strong analytical and business skills to our team.
- Create monthly, quarterly, annual budgets/forecasts (revenue and operating expense) with relevant business teams
- Complete actual results vs. budget/forecast / prior year variance analysis including written business performance commentary
- Collaboratively work with the business team(s) to accurately summarize and present results to Senior Management
- Design and produce management reports, business performance dashboards, and key metric tracking tools across The Knot Worldwide
- Ad hoc projects to model and summarize current and projected financial performance for potential business arrangements (partnerships, M&A, etc.)
- Contribute to FP&A team’s pursuit of excellence in systems and processes; partner with the Business Intelligence team as necessary to automate reporting functionality; optimize the FP&A team’s use budgeting/forecasting software to standardize management reports, identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes
SUCCESSFUL FP&A ANALYST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting; entry-level corporate training program a plus
- 0-3 years Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Google products; strong modeling skills, coupled with an understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures, and controls
- Comfortable with various financial reporting systems to optimize the results of a business, Adaptive Insights and/or NetSuite experience a plus
- Capable of building effective internal and external relationships; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and implementation skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies and principles
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Self-starter, shows initiative and curiosity, strong sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability for your work product
- Proactive, high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Of unquestioned ethics and integrity
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.