WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Assistant Controller will assist in managing the accounting department and providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
- Assist the Global Controller in overseeing the activities of the global corporate accounting department.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of information used to prepare internal financial reporting to management.
- Maintain, implement, and sustain a monthly accounting close deadline calendar ensuring that deadlines are met and workflow is completed timely.
- Support financial statement reviews and audits with coordinating preparation of schedules and appropriate documentation, including working with global country teams to complete statutory audits as required.
- Support the tax team in completion of the quarterly and annual consolidated tax provision and VAT returns, including managing PBC list specific to financial statement requests and detailed supporting schedules, as well as local and international tax provisions.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff for the purpose of maintaining organized and detailed financial accounting records and files to document transactions.
- Manage the completion of close for certain international entities .
- Manage the completion of close workpapers related to equity, purchase accounting, debt, state and local tax, and other complex accounting areas..
- Work closely with our tax team to administer the global transfer pricing policy including managing intercompany activity and tax implications.
- Maintain and monitor a system of internal controls that will ensure the integrity of all systems, processes and data to provide accurate financial results.
- Coordinate the implementation of new accounting processes.
- Assist Global Controller with technical accounting and coordination related to M&A activities and subsequent accounting integrations.
- Assist the Global Controller documenting and maintaining accounting policies and technical accounting interpretations.
- Assist Global Controller with special projects, migrations and implementations, as needed.
SUCCESSFUL ASSISTANT CONTROLLER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- M&A experience is preferred.
- CPA certification is required.
- 4+ years public accounting experience required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Netsuite preferred.
- Must be proficient with other computer based accounting software and MS Office products.
- 8-10 years of related experience.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Strong general accounting skills and thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to communicate and interface with external accountants and auditors
- Ability to effectively extend knowledge and skills in a financial discipline.
- Ability to reorganize priorities and respond quickly to issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, staff, vendors and customers.
- Must possess good managerial abilities.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Must be proactive, self-driven, and have the ability to resolve problems.
- Strong leadership and bi-directional communication skills.
- Ability to review, interpret, and explain financial data.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.