WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Corporate Strategy group works closely with product and business leaders to tackle high-priority challenges and accelerate growth across the organization through strategic projects, M&A, and partnerships. Our team is passionate about using data, analytics, and frameworks to drive company’s critical business decisions.
Based in the Washington, DC office, this Strategy and Business Development Analyst role will be responsible for supporting the Strategy, Business Development, and Corporate Development functions. The analyst will provide a broad spectrum of critical support including deep-dive analyses, business modeling, research, and other ad hoc support wherever needed.
The successful candidate will be innovative, resourceful, a self-starter and team player, and passionate about the evolving world of technology and online marketplaces. The role will provide broad exposure to business and operational areas.
- Perform research and high-level scenario analyses for strategic projects to inform and accelerate decision making
- Assist with processing, analyzing, and synthesizing materials related to potential partnerships and acquisitions
- Interface with internal stakeholders and external partners to collect and report on metrics related to strategic projects and partnerships
- Execute on or assist with strategic pilots and initiatives across the portfolio of brands
- Create reports and presentations for an executive audience
SUCCESSFUL STRATEGY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Investment banking or consulting background optional but preferred
- Strong analytical mind and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral
- Driven and willing to go the extra mile
- Efficient and organized with strong time management skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Some experience with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Birst
- Ideally, conversational proficiency in at least one foreign language
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This role is not available for sponsorship.