WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
- Assist in preparing the Company’s required financial filings, including preparation of financial statements, footnotes, auditable support and analysis.
- Assist the Company in creating the annual Impact report as part of TKWW’s ESG program.
- Coordinate internal information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements and footnotes, including disclosure checklists and tie-out binders.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages and presentations, including income statement and balance sheet analysis, and various management reports.
- Liaise with external auditors. Support consolidated financial audits and statutory audits, including preparation of PBC items.
- Efficiently manage information requests with cross-functional teams within the organization to ensure timely and accurate collection of ESG data.
- Identify opportunities to automate financial function and analysis performed outside of core systems.
- Provide creative input that will drive greater efficiency and value to the global reporting process.
- Manage and/or contribute to special projects (e.g., business combinations, pro forma financial statements) as needed, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Keep up to date on industry and business trends significant to the profession and remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the applicable accounting authorities.
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and accounting policy developments and support implementation efforts including required disclosures and senior management education.
- Support the month-end close process and management reporting for assigned areas.
- Support internal initiatives to implement ESG tools and templates to drive efficiency and effectiveness of ESG reporting.
- Perform ongoing SOX compliance requirements. Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, identifying areas for improvement.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies, best practices and procedures
SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE - GLOBAL REPORTING CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Education: Qualified CA, CIA, or MBA Finance
- CPA license (or equivalent) preferred
- 1-2 years of financial reporting experience preferred
- Experience with using Workiva platform preferred
- Working knowledge of general accounting skills, AICPA, FASB, GAAP, PCAOB auditing standards
- Proficient level knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets & Slides
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
US Applicants: If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.