WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As part of TKWW’s portfolio of brands, Hitched is the UK’s leading digital wedding business providing an end-to-end service of inspiration, planning tools and a wedding vendor marketplace that couples use to arrange their perfect wedding. The central operating model of the business is a highly successful subscription marketplace that connects couples with wedding venues and suppliers. Now in its 24th year, Hitched was acquired in January 2020 by The Knot Worldwide.
The UK is a priority market for growth and the business is seeking an interim Marketing Manager whose objective will be to increase awareness and build the reputation of Hitched among couples and the UK wedding industry. This will be a temporary position (min. 7 months) based in our London office, and the ideal candidate will have experience using and optimising digital channels, while experience in the wedding or related markets will be an advantage. The analytics-driven Marketing Manager should also have experience leading and directing a small team.
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of two Marketing professionals, assisting in their career development
- Partner with internal Talent Acquisition team to recruit, interview and hire to ensure headcount needs are sustained
- Take responsibility for day-to-day management and delivery of marketing activity to support the sales team’s objectives
- Overall responsibility for B2B social media campaigns, including promotion and community presence within the UK wedding industry
- Create and edit media packs and compelling stats to support the sales team
- Survey Hitched clients to understand sentiment and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop content to share with clients that helps, educates and informs
- Create and execute consumer marketing plan using an appropriate marketing mix that improves the brand’s reach among consumers and increases traffic
- Collaborate with creative teams to produce marketing assets
- Generate and edit copy as required for marketing campaigns
- Work with the Email Marketing Designer to optimise email campaigns including the welcome series, pre-wedding and post-wedding series
- Measure and report on the performance and efficacy of marketing activity
- Oversee allocation and performance of PPC marketing with paid marketing team
- Work with the PR team to generate favourable coverage and publicity for the business
- Manage relationships with a range of ecommerce, service providers and gift list partners
- Use marketing to optimise partnership revenue
- Liaise with other TKWW staff to understand and implement successful strategies
- Report revenue to finance team and MD
Awards and Events
- Oversee and ensure successful delivery of the annual UK Wedding Awards programme
- Organise and manage events for clients and couples as appropriate
SUCCESSFUL MARKETING MANAGER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Holds/has held a senior marketing manager/marketing manager role
- People management and development
- Experience in the wedding or related sector an advantage
- Demonstrable understanding, experience and success in digital marketing
- Numerate and comfortable operating, analysing and reporting data
- Good copywriting and editing skills
- Strong creative outlook – able to brief, evaluate and improve marketing collateral
Organisation and management
- Strong planner and organiser
- Takes responsibility for outcomes
- Managing and prioritising multiple projects simultaneously
- Organises work and resources to meet deadlines
- Uses initiative to step in where necessary
- Strong communicator of strategy and plans
- Positive attitude with strong listening and presentation skills
- Persuades and influences others to get buy-in to support ideas or actions
- Adapts approach and style where needed
- Enthusiastic and presents ideas confidently
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.