WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Are you looking for a unique experience where you can showcase your cosmetology skills while being a part of an award winning company culture at one of DC’s best tech companies? The Knot Worldwide is seeking a hair stylist (you!) to join our team, responsible for providing in-office cuts and styling to employees in our on-site salon. You will make an impact on the employee experience of the team in our Chevy Chase, MD office. This role is a 6-month contract with the possibility to extend.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Perform hair services (blowouts, styling, hair cuts, scalp massage, etc) in our in-office salon during normal business hours (flexible work schedule within the hours of Mon - Fri, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm).
- With a high level of hospitality and professionalism, provide a unique and positive experience for employees.
- Manage employee appointment booking, rescheduling, and cancellations in our online booking system, Calendly.
- Maintain a high level of order in the salon and perform light cleaning including washing towels, disinfect the shampoo bowl and countertop, sweep, etc.
- Partner with our Office and Employee Experience team to manage the salon supply and product inventory so orders can be placed accordingly.
SUCCESSFUL STYLISTS CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A current and valid Cosmetology license for Maryland.
- Amazing styling and finishing skills.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A High School diploma and are at least 18 years old.
- The availability to work at least 10-20 hours in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
- A strong service ethic and a passion for creating a positive experience through hospitality.
- Passionate about being helpful. Known for exceeding performance goals.
- Self-motivated, managing your own time and use down time to be proactive.
- A multi-tasker, but prioritize tasks by urgency and importance.
- Comfortable collaborating with others.
- Experienced in managing G-suite tools (Gmail, Calendar, Chat) and Calendly.
- Experienced and well-versed in working in a studio style salon.
- Attentive to details and take pride in thoughtful work.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.