TheKnot.com Launches Fifth Season of “The Knot LIVE” TV Program Sponsored by Macy’s
The Knot LIVE Offers Weekly Insight Into What’s Hot in the World of Weddings With New Extended 18-Week Season
NEW YORK (February 15, 2012) – The Knot, the #1 online wedding planning resource, today announced the debut of a new season of The Knot LIVE, a weekly wedding program streaming live on TheKnot.com and Facebook.com. For the fifth season of The Knot LIVE, Macy’s Wedding Gift Registry has signed on as the sponsor – the third time it’s done so – with the new season expanding in length from 12 to 18 weeks.
“We’re always seeking new opportunities to present our advertising partners with innovative and creative ways to reach brides directly, and renowned brands such as Macy’s recognize the value and demand for cutting-edge online video content,” said Alison Salat Bernstein, vice president of development for XO Group Inc. “In fact, in 2011, videos on TheKnot.com were viewed more than 1 million times and The Knot LIVE viewership increased by 26 percent, making our videos a hugely successful venture we’ve taken on, on behalf of our brides and our partners.”
The Knot LIVE provides an insider look at what’s trending in weddings, featuring editors from The Knot offering brides the latest and greatest ideas and tips, as well as advice from VIP top event planners and industry celebrities from around the country. Past seasons have featured bridal visionaries like Preston Bailey, Colin Cowie, David Tutera, Randy Fenoli and more.
As part of the campaign, Macy’s Wedding Gift Registry will be integrated into The Knot LIVE via experts providing brides with top registry ideas and their most popular products. Plus, brides can enter Macy’s weekly sweepstakes where one lucky couple with an active Macy’s registry will win a $1,000 gift card. Each entrant will also get the chance to win a grand prize – a trip to the Now Resorts & Spas property of their choice – the winner of which will be revealed in the final week of the season.
“We are thrilled to sponsor the The Knot LIVE for another season,” said Susan Bertelsen, group vice president of Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry. “The program is a great resource for our brides and couples and provides us the opportunity to make a strong connection between all of the brides on TheKnot.com and our Macy’s brand.”
The Knot LIVE highlights include:
- Gown inspiration with live wedding dress fashion shows for every bride, budget and body type from both up-and-coming designers and legends in the industry.
- Bridal beauty makeovers with top stylists sharing their secrets to getting gorgeous makeup and stunning hair.
- Wedding day accessories, from jewelry and shoes to “something blue” ideas.
- Wedding inspiration on every single element, from catering to mixology and cakes, plus photos and advice from real weddings and brides around the country.
- The hottest honeymoon spots, plus tips for getting there.
- Editors will share style inspiration tables with beautiful color combos, splurge vs. save wedding elements, details done differently, wedding party gifts, fun favor and welcome bag ideas, and new themes they’re loving.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding resource, reaching over a million engaged couples each year through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; and The Knot books (published by Random House and Chronicle). The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; http://www.theknotworldwide.com), formerly The Knot Inc., a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives.
# # #