The Knot and JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Announce Finalists in $150K Wedding Contest
Six lucky couples to compete in The Perfect Match golf tournament for the chance to win a dream destination wedding and honeymoon
NEW YORK, NY (February 23, 2010) – Today, leading wedding resource The Knot and the all-new JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa announced the names of six lucky couples who will tee off on March 4 for the chance to win a $150,000 dream wedding. The finalists were selected in a nationwide contest titled “The Perfect Match” hosted on TheKnot.com.
The tournament will be held at the new PGA TOUR Tournament Players Golf Club (TPC) San Antonio and the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. Each couple will play as a team in this unique and exciting tournament, which includes a nine-hole scramble loaded with surprises and twists peppered throughout the course, offering additional prizes and giveaways that any couple can win, regardless of skill. All couples will be outfitted, head to toe, with golf attire provided by Nike Golf.
The couple who wins the tournament will return to the resort for an all-inclusive $150,000 grand-prize wedding to take place the weekend of May 21-23. The Knot team of style and design experts will create a one-of-a-kind wedding experience and provide exclusive hands-on wedding planningfor the lucky couple and 200 of their closest family and friends! As part of the grand prize, the winning couple will also receive a luxury honeymoon at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa on O’ahu in Hawai’i.
THE SIX LUCKY COUPLES INCLUDE:
- Jonelle Davis and Brent Vlcek (Arlington, VA) – Not even two wars could keep this couple apart. Brent, who recently completed a four-year contract with the United States Marine Corps, was deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan during his six-year relationship with Jonelle. Recently engaged over the holidays, the couple is hoping that winning a $150,000 dream wedding can be their much-deserved happy ending.
- Keli Dawson-Davenport and Marlon Wells (Chicago, IL) – The recession and tough economic times have made this couple stronger than ever. After launching their new business, Davenport Consulting Services, less than a year ago, these new entrepreneurs are looking at The Perfect Match as their chance to have the wedding of a lifetime.
- Michelle DeIasi and Brandon Moore (San Antonio, TX; Lubbock, TX) – High school sweethearts turned college rivals, this competitive couple is looking forward to their next challenge: The Perfect Match golf tournament. In fact Brandon, who is a sportscaster with KCBD Channel 11, the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, proposed to Michelle just after he passed the finish line in a triathlon!
- Joshua Sudbury and Chelsea Brown (Memphis, TN) – These law school love birds chose the game of golf to lighten their study load. On their first golf outing, they came across two stray dogs hiding in the bushes on the course. Desperately needing medical care and a good home, the two pups hit a hole in one when Joshua and Chelsea took them in and got them on the road to good health. Now named Birdie and Bogey, these four-legged friends are the couple’s reminder of a special golf outing and their love of the game.
- Jeanne Hwang and Vincent Lam (New York, NY; Richmond, VA) – This long-distance and ultra-busy duo (who are lucky to see each other every three weeks!) are looking forward to teeing off together in San Antonio. While Jeanne works at Yahoo! in New York City, Vincent is completing his residency in ophthalmology at the Virginia Commonwealth University. The couple was engaged only three weeks prior to being chosen as finalists and are enjoying the whirlwind.
- Brooke Shelton and Jayson Williams (Ft. Worth, TX; Dallas, TX) – This north Texas couple grew up on the golf course and love to hit the links together on weekends. Brooke and Jayson have been dreaming of a Texas Hill Country destination wedding with family and friends to create a special memory. The Perfect Match came along at just the right time!
To learn more about the couples, the tournament and the $150,000 grand prize, visitwww.theknot.com/perfectmatch.
About The Knot Inc.
The Knot Inc. is the premier media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products, and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the industry’s #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include The Nest and The Bump. Our groundbreaking community platforms and incomparable content have ignited passionate communities across the country. The Knot Inc. is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media — from the web to social media and mobile, to magazines and books, to television and video. For our advertisers and partners, The Knot Inc. offers the consummate opportunity to connect with our devoted communities as they make the most important decisions of their lives.
About the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
The newest and largest JW Marriott resort in the world is the ultimate retreat for destination events. Set on 600 picturesque acres of tree-covered rolling hills, the property features 36 holes of championship PGA TOUR golf at the highly anticipated TPC San Antonio, the six-acre River Bluffs Water Experience, the world-class Lantana Spa and stunning vistas of the renowned Texas Hill Country. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and located minutes from the Texas wine country and San Antonio, this is the ideal destination for your dream wedding. For more information, visit www.jwsanantonio.com.
The Ultimate Golf Experience
Golfers can test their skills on the newest PGA TOUR Tournament Players Club (TPC)championship golf courses. Two of golf’s most legendary names designed the courses: Pete Dye for the AT&T Canyons Course and Greg Norman for the AT&T Oaks Course. The Norman-designed course will host the PGA TOUR Valero Texas Open in May 2010. The club is private and only accessible to members and guests of the resort.
About JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. These elegant hotels cater to today’s sophisticated, self-assured travelers, offering them the quiet luxury they seek in a warmly authentic, relaxed atmosphere lacking in pretense. JW Marriott properties artfully provide highly crafted, anticipatory experiences that are reflective of their locale so that their guests have the time to focus on what is most important to them. Currently, there are 45 JW Marriott hotels in 19 countries; by 2013 the portfolio will encompass 72 properties in 27 countries