The Knot Inc. Launches WeddingChannel.com Deals
WeddingChannel.com Deals Is First-Ever Exclusive Group-Buying Program for Brides
NEW YORK (August 10, 2010) — The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT, www.theknot.com), the leading lifestage media company, today announced the launch of WeddingChannel.com Deals (deals.weddingchannel.com), a Groupon-like group-buying program bringing exclusive national and local wedding deals to brides on TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com, the top two wedding planning websites hosting the largest online community of brides.
Utilizing the power of group purchasing, WeddingChannel.com Deals gives two million brides access to deals with the country’s top wedding companies, including discounts of more than 50% off luxury honeymoons, diamond jewelry, and local wedding services like photography and entertainment. WeddingChannel.com Deals will launch with unbeatable discounts on national wedding brands, as well as top name local wedding companies in Chicago, Boston and Houston. This new platform offers The Knot partners a unique way to market their products and services to brides.
“The Knot Inc. prides itself on launching innovative platforms for local and national businesses to connect with brides,” said David Liu, CEO of The Knot Inc. “With WeddingChannel.com Deals, millions of brides are now able to band together and instantly find and purchase unheard of, exclusive deals for their wedding, further enhancing the benefits of belonging to TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com community.”
How WeddingChannel.com Deals Works
- Where’s the Deal? Every week, two new deals will be posted on WeddingChannel.com Deals for brides across the country. Plus, each week, exclusive wedding coupons will also be posted for Chicago, Boston and Houston brides.
- Join the Deal. Brides on TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com can take advantage of exclusive, hard-to-pass-up deals by clicking the “Buy Now” button on the WeddingChannel.com Deals page. If enough brides sign up, they receive an email confirmation that the deal is theirs.
- Share the Deal. The more brides who sign up for the deal, the faster each bride gets the deal! Brides can share WeddingChannel.com Deals on WeddingChannel.com message boards, Facebook, Twitter or send an email alert to fellow brides.
Nationwide Wedding & Honeymoon Deals
- August 10: 52% off an all-inclusive, luxury honeymoon from Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic—a savings of almost $4,000!
- August 18: $2,000 discount off a vacation from the five star Round Hill Resort in Jamaica
Boston Wedding Deals
- August 12: $1,000 off wedding photography from Click Chick Photography
- August 16: 50% off $300 cake from Konditor Meister
Chicago Wedding Deals
- August 19: 50% off photography package from Paul Swanson Photography
- August 23: 50% off wedding entertainment package from All Access Weddings
Houston Wedding Deals
- August 19: Half-off invitation package, plus $200 off an order of $450 or more from Al’s Formal Wear
- August 23: 50% off reception coverage with wedding package from Adam Copeland Photography
“WeddingChannel.com Deals is a win-win situation for brides and national and local wedding businesses. It’s a creative way for companies to target and transact with brides, and brides get to secure unbeatable deals that can’t be found elsewhere,” added Liu.
About The Knot, Inc.
The Knot, Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT; http://www.theknot.com), is the premier media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the industry’s #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest and The Bump. Our groundbreaking community platforms and incomparable content have ignited passionate communities across the country. The Knot, Inc. is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media — from the web to social media and mobile, to magazines and books, television and video. For our advertisers and partners, The Knot, Inc., offers the consummate opportunity to connect with our devoted communities as they make the most important decisions of their lives. Founded in 1996, The Knot, Inc. is made up of four major revenue categories: online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, merchandise and publishing. The company is publicly listed on NASDAQ (KNOT) and is headquartered in New York City.