Exclusive Wedding Details Revealed: Yellowjackets Star Samantha Hanratty Graces the Cover of The Knot Magazine Winter Celebration Issue
Samantha Hanratty Discusses Details of her Upcoming Wedding, How She Prioritizes Mental Health in her Relationship and Her Requirement for Wedding Guests: “If you don’t believe in love for all, and you don’t celebrate love for all, we’d rather you send your best wishes.”
On Newsstands Today, The Knot Magazine Winter 2023 Celebration Issue is Jam-Packed with Inspiring Content and Expert Advice to Help Couples Celebrate Their Wedding Their Way
NEW YORK, NY, October 24, 2023 – Cue the Confetti! The Knot Magazine, a leading wedding publication, today reveals its Winter 2023 Celebration Issue featuring Yellowjackets star Samantha Hanratty on the cover. In the issue, Hanratty shares exclusive details about her big day, including how she is prioritizing her mental health throughout the planning process. She candidly discusses the unique journey that led her and her fiancé, Christian, to their engagement and a nonnegotiable for guests who attend their wedding. The issue also includes wedding wisdom from The Knot editorial team, drawing from their real-life wedding planning experiences; tips for creating a wedding playlist with your DJ; and diverse global wedding traditions.
“We are so excited to feature Samantha Hanratty as our cover star, as she exemplifies how to plan a wedding that reflects one’s values, personality and life journey,” said Lauren Kay, Executive Editor of The Knot. “At The Knot, we’re committed to helping couples celebrate their unique love stories and have fun along the way, even in the face of unexpected twists. After all, they did the hard work and found their person, which is a reason to celebrate in itself. From delightful surprises for guests to crafting heartfelt wedding toasts—and with expert advice from wedding professionals—The Knot Winter 2023 Celebration Issue serves as a resource for couples to bring their celebrations to life and embrace the magic in the mayhem.”
In the spirit of celebration, Hanratty reveals exclusive details of her love story and engagement, including what she’s most looking forward to at her wedding: “More than anything, I look forward to when I walk down the aisle—and I look at [Christian], in his suit—to this song that recites what it means to walk towards love.”
Hanratty also shares how she prioritizes mental and relationship wellness, detailing the premarital counseling she and her fiancé are doing and her journey to sobriety. She adds that she’s even asked her fiancé to hold off on drinking with his friends (a common tradition among groomsmen) before their ceremony: “I don’t want the first kiss to taste like alcohol.”
Additionally, she is candid about the importance of acceptance from those celebrating with her on her big day. “I wanted to make it very clear that if you don’t believe in love for all, and you don’t celebrate love for all, we’d rather you send your best wishes,” Hanratty says.
Additional features in The Knot Magazine Winter 2023 Celebration Issue include:
- “The Lovers’ Lexicon,” which decodes modern relationship terms favored by Gen Z, like “breadcrumbing” and “soft launch.”
- “This Kiss,” an in-depth look at the science behind smooching, tips for achieving a picture-perfect wedding kiss and editor-tested, party-proof lipsticks.
- “It’s Not About the Dishes,” a journaling exercise to help couples break unhealthy patterns in their relationships with advice from clinical psychologist and author Tracy Dalgleish, PhD.
- “The State of the Union,” the newest study from The Knot revealing how Gen Z and millennials feel about the future of marriage and relationships.
- “Editor’s Picks,” featuring trends like the big bow era, celebratory spirits from around the world and unique registry additions.
- “Don’t Stop the Music,” highlighting expert tips to create the perfect wedding soundtrack in collaboration with your DJ.
- “Weddings of the World,” an exploration of wedding traditions across cultures and religions.
- Real wedding inspiration, including an Amalfi-meets-SoCal wedding, a New York City ’70s disco-glam-themed celebration and an Indian-American fusion wedding with a “secret-garden vibe.”
The Knot Magazine Winter 2023 Issue is available on newsstands nationwide and online here for single-copy purchases and subscriptions. From planners and florists to officiants and DJs, couples can turn to The Knot Vendor Marketplace to find and book their dream wedding team.
About The Knot
The Knot is a leading wedding Vendor Marketplace that connects couples with more than 200,000 local wedding professionals and offers a comprehensive suite of planning tools that includes personalized wedding websites, invitations and registry services that make planning easier to help couples enjoy the experience. The most trusted authority on wedding planning, The Knot reaches a majority of engaged couples in the US through TheKnot.com; the #1 wedding planning app on iOS and Android, The Knot Wedding Planner; The Knot national wedding magazine; and The Knot book series. Since its inception, The Knot has inspired approximately 25 million couples to plan a wedding that’s authentic to them. Visit The Knot online at TheKnot.com and follow on social media: @TheKnot on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest and Threads and Facebook.com/TheKnot.