The Knot Now Available on Apple Newsstand and Google Play
NEW YORK (July 30, 2012) – XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; www.theknotworldwide.com), a global media and technology leader with the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com, today announced that The Knot national magazine is available on Apple Newsstand and Google Play, with five regional editions hitting Google Play soon. With the new additions, The Knot is now accessible on every major e-reading platform. The Knot is also available on the Kindle Fire, Nook Color and through Zinio.
“We’re so excited to provide our brides with unlimited access to The Knot, plus the extras you can only get on a tablet,” said Carley Roney, The Knot cofounder and chief content officer. “We always strive to be wherever our brides are, and with the new additions of Apple Newsstand and Google Play, The Knot is now available everywhere she is – from iPhone to iPad to Kindle, Nook and tablets.”
Key Apple Newsstand Magazine Features
- Video Enhancements. While reading the magazines, users can watch embedded real wedding videos, plus beauty tutorials on getting the perfect wedding day hair and makeup and more.
- Runway Exclusives. See a dress you love? Want to see more from the designer? Just click to view extra bridal fashion runway footage.
- Supplementary Information and Details. Love those flowers? How about the engagement rings? The honeymoon destination? Just a click away is more information and details accessible on every page of the magazine.
Key Google Play Magazine Features
- Easy-Reading View. Enjoy all your favorite wedding photos, tips and ideas in a custom reading experience fit to your screen.
- Local Editions. Hitting your tablet soon, be sure to check out five local editions of The Knot magazine, so you can connect with wedding ideas in your local area, right in the palm of your hand.
About XO Group Inc.
XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), is a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest, The Bump, TheBlush.com and Ijie.com. XO Group is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media – from the web to social media and mobile, magazines and books, and video – and our groundbreaking social platforms have ignited passionate communities across the world. XO Group has leveraged its customer loyalty into successful businesses in online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, ecommerce and publishing. The company is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (XOXO) and is headquartered in New York City. Follow XO Group on twitter @xogroupinc.
# # #