The Knot Introduces Groundbreaking Wedding Magazine for the Apple iPad
The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad, TheKnot.com/iPad, Features Largest Wedding Community, Enhanced Digital Scrapbook, Advanced Share & Send Capabilities and Hundreds of Photos and Videos
NEW YORK (October 18, 2010) – The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT, www.theknot.com), the leading lifestage media company with the #1 wedding website TheKnot.com, today announced the launch of its first iPad application, The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad, now available on theApple App store. The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad is the first-of-its-kind iPad app that elevates the experience of flipping through a magazine by injecting it with a large embeddedcommunity, enhanced scrapbooking and social networking capabilities, and hundreds of photosand videos that provide brides with a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at all the wedding details to help them plan their wedding.
“With the success of TheKnot.com, The Knot magazine and our mobile applications, we know our brides are hungry for wedding content on-the-go,” said David Liu, CEO and cofounder of The Knot Inc. “We weren’t content with just creating another iPad magazine app like so many out there already, so we made it our mission to create a bold and revolutionary re-thinking of what a digital magazine can and should be.”
Innovative features of The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad include:
- Largest Embedded Wedding Community. Got a pressing etiquette question? Get an answer right on The Knot iPad app! Via an embedded community, brides can comment on articles, take polls, add content and just chat with thousands of other brides on any topic, anytime and anywhere.
- Enhanced Digital Scrapbook. Found a flower arrangement you love? Add it to a digital scrapbook for easy access later on! Search, sort and clip 700+ articles, pages and images within a page and have it all automatically organized by category. Plus, include your own notes to each clip.
- Advanced Share & Send Capabilities. Ask your fiancé what he thinks about a wedding ring. Poll friends on Facebook and Twitter about the bridesmaid dresses. Adding to the social experience of the iPad app, brides can find anything on the app and easily share it via email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Hundreds of Searchable Fashion Photos. Looking for an A-line dress under $2,000? Or a platinum cushion-cut engagement ring? Find it easily by browsing through hundreds of wedding and bridesmaid dresses and engagement rings, and filter based on designer, price and style. Plus, zoom in to see all the up-close details, like the beading and lace on a dress.
- 20+ Videos. See the wedding dress in the photo move and find it on the runway. View how to create the featured hairstyles and beauty looks. Get a step-by-step guide on DIY invitations. With the iPad app, brides can go behind the scenes with more than 20 videos, giving them a never-before-seen look at wedding details they can’t see in a print magazine.
Additional features include:
- Looking for a cake baker in New York, Chicago or Houston? Instantly access local inspiration and resources with just one click.
- Read the magazine any way you like with optimized portrait and landscape viewing.
- Not online? Easily access the magazine after it’s been downloaded even if you’re offline.
- Shopping for favors, napkins or groomsmen gifts? Just visit The Knot Shop on the iPad app and it’ll take you straight to The Knot Wedding Shop.
- The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad is available in the App store for $4.99, half the newsstand price, at www.itunes.com/app/theknotweddingsmagazine.
“With technology that was developed internally, we were able to create an iPad app that enabled us to address and enhance the social dimensions of a magazine, and push the boundaries of what digital magazines can be,” added Liu. “The Knot Weddings Magazine for the iPad provides brides everything they’ve come to expect from The Knot magazine, plus all of their favorite features on TheKnot.com.”
About The Knot Inc.
The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT; http://www.theknot.com), is the premier media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the industry’s #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest and The Bump. Our groundbreaking community platforms and incomparable content have ignited passionate communities across the country. The Knot Inc. is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media — from the web to social media and mobile, to magazines and books, television and video. For our advertisers and partners, The Knot Inc., offers the consummate opportunity to connect with our devoted communities as they make the most important decisions of their lives. Founded in 1996, The Knot Inc. is made up of four major revenue categories: online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, merchandise and publishing. The company is publicly listed on NASDAQ (KNOT) and is headquartered in New York City.